By H H J Brouwer
Read or Download Bona Dea: The Sources and a Description of the Cult (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World) PDF
Similar interior decorating books
This quantity addresses a few interrelated matters within the outdated and new political economic system. the point of interest on globalization is mostly taking the brain off questions of debt and indebtedness. Capital now has one of these determined institutional aspect that its legitimacy in capitalist democracies is below risk. current advancements heavily jeopardise the stability among capital, public and social associations on which the growth and welfare of the constructing international and the capitalist democracies count.
Depuis l. a. thèse de G. Lafaye (Histoire du culte des divinités d'Alexandrie hors de l'Egypte, Paris, 1884), plusieurs monographies ont repairé l'attention des historiens sur tel web site ou monument, sur tel point de l'isiasme à Rome et dans l'Empire romain, mais personne n'avait risqué de synthèse sur l'implantation et le succès des dieux égyptiens en Italie.
An outstanding creation for retail scholars, this ebook deals a easy reference consultant to all elements of visible promoting and covers either window dressing and in-store components. utilizing examples from quite a number outlets, from type emporia to small shops, the publication bargains functional suggestion at the topic, supported by means of tricks and guidance from validated visible merchandisers.
- The Tree of Knowledge and Other Essays (Philosophy of History and Culture)
- The Malay Peninsula: Crossroads of the Maritime Silk-Road (100 Bc-1300 Ad) (Handbook of Oriental Studies/Handbuch Der Orientalistik) (Handbook of Oriental Studies. Section 3 Southeast Asia)
- Chinese Concepts of Privacy (Sinica Leidensia)
- Basics Interior Architecture 04: Elements / Objects
- Cosmology and Eschatology in Jewish and Christian Apocalypticism (Supplements to the Journal for the Study of Judaism, V. 50)
- Egyptianization and Elite Emulation in Ramesside Palestine: Governance and Accomodation on the Imperial Periphery (Culture and History of the Ancient Near East)
Extra info for Bona Dea: The Sources and a Description of the Cult (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
P. 176: Genius-Manes; Latte, RR, pp. 103-107 (Genius und Iuno); p. 103: " ... und 33 THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL AND EPIGRAPHIC SOURCES THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL AND EPIGRAPHIC SOURCES es gibt von spaten Zeugnissen abgesehen keinen Genius eines Verstorbenen. " Latte's remark and the interpretation of the abbreviations above based on the other information seem to be quite contradictory. Dedicated to Bona Dea Conpos. Antonia Hygia has erected this altar at her own expense, and presented it as a gift. 32 Imperial Age.
12. ClL VI 76=ILS 3515. Letter heights: 1. 1: 23; 1. e. on an average as the lettering is rather irregular). Bonae Deae Veneri Cnidiae I [D(ecimus) I]unius Annianus Hymenaeus et Invicta spira et Haedimiana. To Bona Dea Venus Cnidia. Decimus lunius Annianus Hymenaeus and the sodalities named Invieta and Haedimania. Imperial Age. The numerous older sources are found in ClL; Vaglieri, Bona Dea, p. 1014: "difficilmente per identificazione delle due divinita," but pp. e non alia Bona dea si dovra riferire la lapide"; Hey, Bona Dea, p.
Regrettably, the slab is not listed in A. Michaelis, Ancient Marbles in Great Britain, Cambridge, 1882, who in his description of Rossie Priory leaves out the Nos . 104-135 of Kinnaird ' s catalogue. 1-2: Bonadiae / Castre(n)si: CIL writes Bona Diae (AE in ligature). ILS wntmg Bona diae comment: Sic traditur. Apparently the two parts were felt to be an entity, cf. Nos. 8, 31, 67, and part II, IlIA. Both CIL and ILS write Castresi, and so does Latte. Wissowa suggests Castrensi. 1. ): This is but one of the possible solutions of the S as an abbreviation in Latin epigraphy; cf.