By Aleksandr Noy
Researchers in academia and who're attracted to strategies for measuring intermolecular forces will locate this an important textual content. It offers a assessment of contemporary strength spectroscopy, together with basics of intermolecular forces, technical points of the strength measurements, and sensible purposes. The guide starts with a evaluate of the basic physics of loading unmarried and a number of chemical bonds at the nanometer scale. It includes a dialogue of thermodynamic and kinetic types of binding forces and dissipation results in nanoscale molecular contacts, covers useful elements of recent single-molecule point thoughts, and concludes with functions of strength spectroscopy to chemical and organic methods. computing device modeling of strength spectroscopy experiments can be addressed.
Read Online or Download Handbook of Molecular Force Spectroscopy PDF
Best solid-state physics books
This article contains insurance of vital issues that aren't in general featured in different textbooks on condensed topic physics; those contain surfaces, the quantum corridor impact and superfluidity. the writer avoids advanced formalism, similar to Green's capabilities, that can vague the underlying physics, and in its place emphasizes primary actual reasoning.
Researchers in academia and who're drawn to suggestions for measuring intermolecular forces will locate this a necessary textual content. It provides a evaluation of recent strength spectroscopy, together with basics of intermolecular forces, technical features of the strength measurements, and useful purposes.
Superconductivity is a quantum phenomenon that manifests itself in fabrics displaying 0 electric resistance under a attribute temperature leading to the opportunity of an electrical present to run consistently via one of these fabric with out the necessity for an influence resource. Such fabrics are used broadly in scientific and gear functions, e.
Ugly's electric References, 2014 variation is designed for use as an on-the-job reference. Used around the world by means of electricians, engineers, contractors, designers, upkeep staff, teachers, and the army; Ugly's comprises the main mostly required electric details in an easy-to-read and easy-to-access layout.
- Surface Plasmons on Smooth and Rough Surfaces and on Gratings (Springer Tracts in Modern Physics) (Volume 111)
- Dynamics of First-Order Phase Transitions in Equilibrium and Nonequilibrium Systems (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- Encyclopedic Dictionary of Condensed Matter Physics
- Cellular Solids: Structure and Properties (Cambridge Solid State Science Series)
- Multifrequency Electron Paramagnetic Resonance: Theory and Applications
Additional resources for Handbook of Molecular Force Spectroscopy
65. Atkins, A. , Edelman, G. , Wright, P. , Solution structure of the third immunoglobulin domain of the neural cell adhesion molecule NCAM: can solution studies define the mechanism of homophilic binding? J. Mol. Biol. 2001, 311, 161–172. 66. Cunningham, B. , Hemperly, J. , Murray, B. , Prediger, E. , Edelman, G. , Neural cell adhesion molecule: structure, immunoglobulin-like domains, cell surface modulation, and alternative RNA splicing. Science 1987, 236, 799–806. 67. , Thompson, N. , Structure and interactions of NCAM modules 1 and 2-basic elements in neural cell adhesion.
Molecular Mechanisms Determining the Strength of Receptor-Mediated Intermembrane Adhesion. Biophys. J. 1995, 69, 1162–1169. 36. Leckband, D. , Kuhl, T. , Wang, H. , 4–4–20 Anti-Fluorescyl IgG Fab’ Recognition of Membrane Bound Hapten: Direct Evidence for the Role of Protein and Interfacial Structure. Biochemistry 1995, 34, 11467–11478. 37. , Substrate Alterations of the Apparent Affinities of Immobilized Receptors. Langmuir 1998, Kloss, A. , Effect of the microenvironment on the recognition of immobilized cytochromes by soluble redox proteins, Langmuir, 16, 3414–3421 submitted.
Res. 1987, (20), 415–421. 83. Israelachvili, J. , Kott, S. , Liquid structuring at solid interfaces as probed by direct force measurements: the transition from simple to complex liquids and polymer fluids. J. Chem. Phys. 1988, 88, 7162–7166. 84. , Ducker, W. , Ninham, B. , Pilen, M. , Multilayer adsorption of cytochrome c on mica around isoelectric pH. Langmuir 1990, 6, 1704–1708. 85. , A confined complex liquid. Oscillatory forces and lamellae formation from an L3 phase. Langmuir 1995, 11, 3928–3936.