By Andy Petrella
Start constructing extraordinary internet purposes with this pleasant, sensible advisor to the Play! Framework
- While using in Java, initiatives also are offered in Scala – an effective way to be brought to this impressive language.
- Create a fully-fledged, collaborative internet software – ranging from flooring 0; all layers are awarded in a realistic way.
- Gain the benefits linked to constructing an absolutely built-in internet framework.
The studying Play! Framework 2 has been created for internet builders which are development internet purposes. The center thought is to target the HTTP gains and to let them via a simplification lens. construction an internet program now not calls for a configuration section, an atmosphere setup, or an extended improvement lifecycle - it really is integrated!.
Learning Play! Framework 2 will permit any internet builders to create outstanding internet purposes profiting from the good gains. it is the quickest approach to dive into Play!, targeting the features by utilizing them in a pattern program. even supposing basically Java dependent code, a Scala model is gifted in addition – giving a chance to work out a few Scala in action.
After constructing the laptop and studying a few Scala, you'll build an program which builds from static to dynamic, ahead of introducing a database.
Then we are going to specialize in how facts may be fed on and rendered in different methods. this can permit a few actual time communique via WebSocket and Server-Sent occasion – on either server and customer sides.
The publication will finish with trying out and deployment, which completes any internet improvement project.
What you are going to study from this book
- What's nice concerning the new framework and on which initiatives it really works best.
- Set up an entire deploy together with the framework itself but additionally the advance environment.
- Build an easy web site or perhaps a webapp utilizing the server-side and templating system.
- Store facts in a relational database, utilizing Ebean in Java and Anorm in Scala.
- Discover the reactive means of dealing with facts (back and forth with a client).
- Test all layers of your software utilizing the combination of Play! 2 with the main recognized trying out frameworks – even at the client-side.
- Deploy your software at the cloud, selecting Heroku for instance, but additionally on Cloudbees which allows a continuing integration.
A powerful concentration is put on clarification by means of instance; in spite of the volume of fantastic services of Play! 2, they are going to be collected in one program. on the finish of this publication, the reader could have a fully-fledged software utilizing the fundamental and complicated gains of Play! 2.
Who this e-book is written for
Readers needs to be attracted to the internet in most cases; in particular utilizing the HTTP among a browser and a server to create blazing tasks! Java talents are necessary yet now not precious when you consider that studying Play! Framework 2 isn't J2EE dependent yet introduces an easy, neat, and fully built-in model; the must haves are nearly none.
Read or Download Learning Play! Framework 2 PDF
Best java books
Welcome to Java 2 firm variation Bible. This publication, that's a persist with as much as Java 2 Bible, is for readers who desire to comprehend extra in regards to the firm marketplace. firm programming is a sizzling subject nowadays, as an increasing number of businesses make a decision they want an internet presence to counterpoint their latest bricks?
If you are fascinated by writing elements in Java, this publication specializes in the part providers you must grasp. DevelopMentor leader Scientist Stuart Halloway offers exceptional, in-depth assurance of writing, deploying, and conserving Java elements. Halloway starts off by way of exhibiting find out how to use, keep an eye on, and troubleshoot parts.
Designed for the start programming scholar, this booklet will encourage beginners whereas instructing basic programming strategies. in response to years of lecture room checking out, this fourth variation of JAVA™ PROGRAMMING: FROM challenge research TO application layout ways programming with a spotlight on transparent factors and perform - severe components in studying the Java language.
Tuscany SCA in motion is a complete, hands-on consultant for constructing technology-agnostic, extensible functions. by means of following a travel-booking instance in the course of the ebook, you are going to the way to version, compose, install, and deal with functions utilizing SCA. The publication emphasizes functional matters, like successfully utilizing Tuscany's supported bindings and protocols and integrating with normal applied sciences like Spring and JMS to save lots of improvement time and value.
- The Professional's Guide to Mining the Internet, 2nd Edition, 2nd Edition
- Java Programming Interviews Exposed
- Bluetooth Application Programming with the Java APIs (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Networking)
- Eclipse: Step-by-Step (Step-by-Step series)
- Cocoon 2 Programming: Web Publishing with XML and Java
- Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 7 Programmer Exams 1Z0-804 and 1Z0-805: A Comprehensive OCPJP 7 Certification Guide
Additional info for Learning Play! Framework 2
In 2012, Steve co-founded The Belgian Play! org. Marius Soutier is a German software engineer who specializes in modern JVM programming languages, frameworks, and development processes. After graduating with a degree in Business and Computer Science, Marius went on to construct Java-based business solutions for various French enterprises in Paris. Later, he supported a German healthcare organization eager to create patient-care software. Over there, he served as WebObjects developer, architect, and subsequently department head.
In this section, we'll learn what a view looks like in Play! Framework 2. Actually, starting from version 2, templates (or views) are Scala based (whereas in version 1 they were based on Groovy). That is to say, a template file is HTML mixed with Scala code that can manipulate the server-side data. index. html. Here again we'll see that Play! is perfectly well integrated with Java or Scala, showing that the templates are exactly the same in both versions. The following screenshot shows what it looks like in Java: Next, we can check what the Scala version has defined: OK, they are not exactly the same (at first glance), but that's where it becomes really interesting.